The funniest (and pithiest) moment in last night’s US Presidential debate was Obama comprehensively making Romney look like a total idiot on the future of the US Navy.
This great article on Think Progress not only shows (in a very useful graphic) that Obama has actually done a great job of protecting the US Navy’s interests, but also replays the relevant segment of the debate for us all to enjoy again.
If you haven’t seen it, this moment may well be considered historic in the future – do yourself a favour and click on the link and watch.
#horsesandbayonets is the leading Twitter item in the US right now, hours after the debate. I reckon this is – just possibly – a gotcha moment.
And I will say again what I have said before – if the Obama of Debate #2 and #3 had turned up in Debate #1, this thing wouldn’t even be a race right now.
And by the middle of this week, it might not be so again.
- Twitter titters over #horsesandbayonets (themoderatevoice.com)
- ‘Horses and bayonets’ zinger from Obama becomes an online hit during clash with Romney (vancouversun.com)
- TRENDING: Why #Horsesandbayonets is trending (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- ‘Horses and bayonets’ an online hit (metronews.ca)
- Trend of the night: Horses and bayonets? (nzherald.co.nz)
- Never bring bayonets & horses to a submarine & aircraft carrier fight; & Top 10 other Moments of the 3rd Presidential Debate: Obama v Romney. (elephantjournal.com)
- #horsesandbayonets Gallops Across the Internet (blogs.wsj.com)
- Obama mocks Romney: #horsesandbayonets (rappler.com)
- Horses and bayonets catch the internet’s attention in final presidential debate (guardian.co.uk)
- Analysis: Obama plays to his strengths in final presidential debate (pennlive.com)